When should I register my child?
Since space is limited in each group, we suggest the earlier the better. Early registration rates apply before June 1st.
Where is Blue Dolphin Summer Camp located?
What are the ages of the campers?
The campers ages range from 3 - 15
How are the children grouped?
All children are grouped with children within their age group
What is the ratio of counselors to campers?
The camper to staff ratios is 1:6
Who are the people in charge, and what are their qualifications?
The Camp Administrator, as well as coordinators, are teachers with years of camp experience.
Is the Camp Licensed?
Yes - The New York City Health Department visits us several times during the summer, to ensure that we are in compliance with state regulations.
Who are the counselors?
Our counselors are predominantly college students and teachers. All of our counselors are either former campers or people who have excellent credentials.
Are medical personnel available?
Blue Dolphin Summer Camp has people on staff that are trained and certified with CPR for the Professional Rescuer, R.T.E. (Responding to Emergencies) & First Aid.
How do children get to camp?
1. Campers are dropped off by their parents.
2. Campers that use the bus service, are driven by professional drivers from BB'S Bus Transportation Company.
How do I pay for camp?
A deposit is required when you are registering your child. The balance is then broken up in to a payment schedule.
What Method of payment is accepted for camp?
We accept - Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Money Orders, Checks, Certified Checks
What should my child wear?
1. Campers must wear their camp t-shirts every day.
2. Campers should wear sneakers, not sandals or flip flops. During sprinkler activities only water shoes can be used.
3. Campers should wear shorts, jogging pants or Jeans.
1. Campers bring bathing suit and a towel.
2. Boys must wear swimming trunks. Girls must wear a one-piece bathing suit. Two-piece bathing suits are not permitted.
3. T-Shirts can not be worn in the pool.
How many weeks do I have to sign my child up for?
A minimum of two weeks is required. Camp operates for a total of 8 weeks.
Does my child need a physical exam?
Yes, It is required by Department of Health code that all campers have a physical exam completed and on file prior to starting camp. Each camper will receive a physical exam form by the camp to be completed by the doctor.
What happens if I need to get in touch with my child or the Camp Office during the day?
Call the Main camp number at (718) 847-6470 and we'll get back to you ASAP. Campers are not permitted to carry cell phones during the camp day.
If you have any questions, please call the camp office at (718) 847-6470